Thursday, September 08, 2005

Each soul is a beautiful flower that passes from this earth...only to bloom anew in heaven's garden. Last night as I went to bed, I was excited thinking about today and picking up our new car! How selfish! Sure life is about living and enjoying all the good things that come into it. It is about giving, caring, it is about love and family! This morning I was woken by a phone call at 7.15 am, I said hello, I hear my fathers voice, immediately I knew something was wrong. Dad had called me to let me know that uncle Denis was dead. Death Sucks!! Yes I believe that everything happens for a reason, life goes on, things happen that make us stronger, who are we to question why? Uncle Den, I know your up there looking down, wanting us to remember you for your cheeky outlook on life, your sense of fun and always enjoying the moment. I remember the times we had when we lived in the same little town. For me that was good, getting to know you as an adult. I remember when you turned up on my doorstep unannounced - I was suprised, it was great. I could not believe you were there :) Thank you for being a part of my life. Do not stand on my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep, I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glint on the snow, I am the sunlight on ripened grain, I am the gentle Autumn rain. When you walk in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush Of quiet birds in circle flight, I am the soft stars that shine at night, Do not stand on my grave and cry, I am not there ..... I did not die. -unknown-

1 Comments:

Blogger DebF said...

hugs, hun
for you and your Dad too

9/08/2005 10:55:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home